From: Nathan C. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: QoQ is killing me

I'm trying to run a query of queries like this

        <cfquery name="qryPCTinfo" dbtype="query">
                        SELECT file,serialno,left(serialno,3) as thisPCT,
imatterno, left(imatterno,6) as thisImatterno, patentno,issue,status
                        FROM qryPatents
                        WHERE thisPCT = 'PCT' and thisImatterno =
'#variables.thisfamily#'
                </cfquery>

in CF MX7 and it keeps failing with

Query Of Queries syntax error.
Encountered "left. Incorrect Select List, Incorrect select column,

I just went through the online docs for QoQ and there isn't much mention of
using functions in them.  Is it possible?
If anybody could take a quick peek at the above and offer any suggestions I
would be grateful.  Especially if I am overlooking something obvious.
Thanks.

-Nate

Nathan Smith  McKee, Voorhees & Sease, P.L.C.