Marc,

Check the link again, and watch out for wrapping - it should take you to a
page entitled "SAP Java Connector (SAP Library - Development Manual)".

Secondly, this is *not* a webservice approach, it's a straight "call an ABAP
function from java" solution (in your case - it can also be used to develop
"call java from ABAP" functionality). You will need to consult with a SAP
developer at work to get details on the function to call, parameters to
pass, etc. etc. There's a overview diagram of the architecture in use here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/91222fa9e611d6b28f00508b6b8a93/content.htm

Regs,
/t