I have ajax script that sends a url hit to a remote cfc method. This cfc is of
course secured in that the roles attributes have been set. What I've done is to
login the user ( via CFLOGIN ) on the page where the JS/Ajax calls are made,
and of course assign the appropriate permissions to that users to be able to
properly access the cfc.

In FIREFOX this works grand, but in IE it does not seem to like the way I've
set the permission as I get back error code: 500 from the ajax/js script.

I'm assuming that the CFLOGIN tag did not set the permissions and or IE did not
'understand' that the user has been authorised... another possibility would
seem to indicate that the ajax/js calls are made BEFORE the cflogin has had
time to propogate into the cookie/registry etc...but that doesn't really make
sense as the user should have been 'logged in' when the CFLOGIN tag ran. The
ajax/js calls are made AFTER page load so this probably is not the case.

has anyone else encountered this problem?