At my work we have ColdFusion running on top of a WebLogic server. When we
configure the data sources through WebLogic, which just creates a J2EE
datasource we have no problem using it in both CF and Java. In some
instances, we also convert the JDBC recordset to a CFQuery object.

Unfortunately, I don't have any sample code on this machine, but I can dig
some up for you at work. Just drop me an email if you'ld like some samples.

- Justin