On 9/25/06, Charlie Griefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> it's just a matter of preference, but i do like having a separate
> action page.  in my mind, the two pages (form, action) perform very
> distinct tasks, and should logically be distinct pages.  it's also
> less code on each page, so easier to debug (IMO) :)

Interesting point, Charlie.  But what about from the standpoint that they
are both tasks on the same "object"?  Personally, I like having one "page"
handle everything for that "object", especially since most of my CRUD
is done with a one line tag, so having a whole file for one line of code
seems wasteful.  Whenever a page gets long, I make a CFC or cfinclude
anyways, but it's still nice having all the page logic in one page.

Maybe.  I'm really of two minds here. I see the validity of splitting things
out in a lot of really small files, vs. a few middle, or one or two really
long
ones... but really, where you split is a key factor, and sometimes it's not
intuitive at all, when you're on a scale of years and such, that by
splitting
early you're saving time later.  And then there's the whole, "who cares if
it could save some time X years from now; we're in the here and now;
there are three options, pick too" type deal.  If only I knew how to use
a simicolon. :-P

I know there are raging philosophies about this, and the right answer is
contextual, etc..  It's fun stuff to talk about and mull over though.
-Denny