> computers, and i dont really see the point of having a java
> applet just for a tree, can you recommend a javascript one
> that you found?

There are plenty these days.  The one I built was around 12 months ago
and customised one of the oldie scripts (see below for more recent
ones):
http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/mktree/

These days I would probably recommend one of the JS library's kicking
about that can do it :
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/
http://dojotoolkit.org/ (Look for the General Widgets demo)

You could also google for Mochikit and Scriptaculous/Prototype, I don't
see any tree demo's on their sites but I'm sure someone will have built
one around thse toolkits.

Do note most of these immediately above are frameworks/libraries and
incur an extra overhead due to script dependencies (i.e. if you are just
wanting a tree, then use the JSToolbox or the YUI one IMHO)

Someone else may be able to chime in with other options.