Johnny:

Now you see the inherent dangers in even mentioning another technology
on this list.  It always gets blown out of proportion and off-topic.
I'll keep it short and sweet.

Dave Carabetta's response was the most helpful for giving you a
resource:
        http://www.buntel.com/docs/top5reasonstousecf_081506.pdf

Other than that, you might want to have your friend also explain that
his existing expertise in CFML would save his client the time required
to learn the intricacies of the .NET framework and any languages that
would have to be learned.  I convinced a few clients that way in the
past.  However, several more insisted on .NET because they had an
investment in that technology and weren't willing to invest the
resources in expanding to J2EE.

If the client is dead set on .NET, there's *usually* not much you can do
to sway them.  If they're a technically savvy client, you aren't going
to (in my experience).

Best of luck, and I hope you friend is successful in adding another CF
success story.

Steve Brownlee
http://www.fusioncube.net/

<< Read "Death by Canoe" (http://www.fusioncube.net/?p=107) >>