Yea,

There is a special JavaScript function call that AJAX uses. I don't remember
the name of the function off the top of my head, but I suppose if certain
browsers don't support that function, then it won't work.

I think you should definitely look at Flex then. The client side is all
Flash, which as far as I know, works in just about every major browser out
there.

- Justin