LMAO!! Warriors of the net!! Yeah, unfortunately I have seen that lol.. wow
flashback. How about "don’t copy that floppy?" lol ok ok...

No one ever said anything about rewriting the content of packets (that I
remember)...  but it only helps support the theory that your computer is
more of a router than a proxy during a mitm since no content is being
rewritten...

> In order to perform a MitM attack, you have to open up and inspect
> the packets

You wouldn’t inspect or rewrite anything more than a router would. All you
have to do is adjust the headers (just like the router does) for local
traffic then send the packets out the NIC that you are monitoring. Ethereal,
Ettercap or whatever monitor you are using reads the rest of the packet.

> > You aren't TECHNIALLY
> I don't think you know enough about me to be able to say that.

I DIDN’T say that. Comment me in context please. If you simply misunderstood
that then it meant "you (as in your computer) aren’t TECHNICALLY a router OR
a proxy during a mitm so it doesn’t matter"

Ps... Outlook says 'ettercap' is misspelled and wants to correct it with
'Ethereal' and I found it amusing and thought I'd share.