hi, thanks for all your replies. This is my first app so forgive my ignorance
as i dont really understand how all of this fits together.

my app is going to have around 20,000 users but concurrent users im not sure
but we will be testing for early next year.

As i am seeing from your advice the architecture is that is can either use JRUN
in the production environment or Apache may be better. The enterprise edition
of coldfusion and mysql will be deployed on one of these. and thats how it
first together to work in the production environment, is that correct?

thanks for advice im getting closer to understanding it :)