From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:46 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Strange security problem with googlebot

> Hmmmmmm... okay, so the issue that is being referred to here is when
> the login check is handled AFTER that link is displayed?  I guess I'm
> still a bit confused, because I can't understand a) why any such link
> would be displayed to anyone (or any bot) without them first being
> logged-in and having the appropriate credentials, and b) how a bot
> would get past a login/credential check.

It wasn't, and didn't. The original poster had Google Web Accelerator
installed, which is basically a browser plug-in that prefetches pages for
you. If you're logged in, it's logged in. The original poster was logged in,
and went to a page that contained all these links that would trigger
database changes, etc, and the Web Accelerator requested them all because
that's what it's supposed to do.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/