> Hi, i am noticing when using the built in webserver, it takes
> a while for the pages to load. it says in the status bar
> 'waiting for local host' and maybe takes 10 seconds to load a page.
>
> i have noticed that it is moderately faster on some higher
> spec computers but was wondering if the performance is
> enhanced when running the enterprise edition in a production
> environment

Typically, in a development environment, you're making changes, then testing
those changes. Each time you run a script after changing it, that file needs
to be recompiled by CF, which takes a considerable amount of time.

This would be true whether you use the built-in web server or an external
web server.

In a production environment, many people are typically running the same
scripts, and those scripts don't change very often. So, after they've been
compiled the first time, CF simply reuses the compiled classes.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/