Got a form with a list of rows coming from a database.  User enteres new
data, then realizes he needs to add a row to this form. User click sa
hyperlink to do just that - and a popup window opens for him to add a
row. User closes the  popup window after successful addition, and form
must refresh to add the row, but a refresh would erase the unsaved data.
What is an elegant way to store this data and repopulate the refreshed
window with it? I could prompt the user to save the form before leaving
it if the form is dirty, and I do, but the form has many edits and would
never successfully submit to the dbif the user had to add a row and a
value to that row.  So I need to store it another way

 I am guessing some javascript would help. Somehow I may be able to loop
through the form's fields and capture each value and pass it along to
the popup window, then back down to the main window after the refresh.
Does that sound like a good start? Something like:

for(var i=0; i < window.document.form1.elements.length; i++{
    putInArray(window.document.form1.elements[i].value);
}

I know that syntax is no where close to what it should be, but am I on
the right track? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Andrew