Can you paste your code? (just the cfhttp)

Here is what the docs say. Are you passing all required fields?

This transaction is also referred to as a "Refund" and indicates to the
gateway that money should flow from the merchant to the customer. The
gateway will accept a credit or a refund request if the transaction
submitted meets the following conditions:
• The transaction is submitted with the ID of the original transaction
against which the credit is being issued (x_trans_id).
• The gateway has a record of the original transaction.
• The original transaction has been settled.
• The sum of the amount submitted in the Credit transaction and all credits
submitted against the original transaction is less than the original
transaction amount.
• The full or last four digits of the credit card number submitted with the
credit transaction match the full or last four digits of the credit card
number used in the original transaction.
• The transaction is submitted within 120 days of the settlement date and
time of the original transaction.
A transaction key is required to submit a credit to the system (i.e.,
x_tran_key should have a valid value when a CREDIT transaction is
submitted).