On 10/19/06, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are you using SmarterMail to send and receive email
> for various sites' visitors and then send mail to them
> and receive mail from them on behalf of hosting clients?

If by that first part you mean "am I emailing the results of CF forms
to site owners" then yes to all the above.  I have two SM servers.
One is running all CF-based email and outgoing smtp, and is sitting
behind the ASSP antispam gateway.  The other handles POP and web mail.
 I split them up because I can.  Crystaltech gives away SM licenses so
I took a server that wasn't doing so much and divvied up the mail
duties.  It would work fine on a single server.  You just whitelist
the incoming CF IP.

If you are using an older SM I'd agree that v2.x had its drawbacks.
V3.x isn't perfect either but its very capable.  Replaced Imail with
it.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Janitor, MSB Web Systems