On 10/21/06, Snake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Of course don't forget that ColdFusion itself is a framework.

Everything's a framework!!! Ahhh!! order and chaos are at it again!

I think consistency is a good thing to aim for, although consistent
doesn't always mean good. ;-)

Personally, (i've been "doing" CF since 4.5) I started out copying
my "framework" from site to site, but things quickly got out of hand.

I'd do something spiffy for one, and be, like, "wow, I want this in
the other too", or some such.

Soon I started having one place where I stored the functions I used
a lot, so if I added something it would be available for all to use.
(I'm more of a cfinclude some "libs" than a cfc type dude, but now
I mix and match.  Not consistently at all, however. Woohoo!)
When you do that, you can do a global search, give a quick check
to make sure you didn't break something else by making things
"better" in that function/component/project...  or maybe you've got
some sort of automated testing going on... good no matter what...

Anyway, I've been liking reactor a ton, MG:U quite a bit, and the
possibilities are still just dawning on me for ColdSpring.  So, uh,
I like model glue, I reckon.

That said, I do a lot of stuff with various DSNs,and like to use
"the same code" (read: not a copy of the code), and I'm still
wanking on the best way to do it with MG.  "Mixins" or whatnot
are sounding tempting, we'll see what happens...

So, anyways, I've been meaning to blog about how damn good
svn:externals are.  That is one AWESOME way to have "multiple
copies" of "the same code" in various projects.  If anyone here
detests trying to keep 2 or more copies of "the same" stuff "in
sync" as much as I do, you'd be well served to look into the
svn:externals, or the CVS/whateverElse equivilant.

Sheesh.  I guess I've procrastinated on the latest insane deadlines
long enough-  I swear, I think I'm the subject of some sort of
sadistic psychological experiment...  Eh, I bring it on myself. ;]