I think I have had that problem....

i place a <cferror type="exception"....> in my application.cfm files and
have it email me on EVERY error that is not caught by a cfcatch....
although I have noticed that for whatever reason there are a couple
errors that seem to get past.  The one that I noticed was when my DSL
connection goes down and my ODBC conneciton to the database cannot be
made and the cfapplication tag blows up.

Is this kind of what you're talking about?

Steve