Hi all.   Sorry about another cflock question, but using it has stopped our
system cold.

Our system: CF v4.1 on NT integrating with ESRI ArcIMS and using SYBASE IQ12 on
UNIX for our datawarehouse.  In ArcIMS, the screen is divided into frames and
and the CF comes on in one of the frames.  I put a CFLOCK around a set of
session variables.  See code below.  Then I have an SQL statement using the
session.variables and put a CFLOCK around this too.  Now, I have to say that it
takes forever to get a query back (2 or more minutes) but I have no control over
the IQ server and once I added the CFLOCK it came back with "Timed out while
waiting to obtain exclusive lock." and stopped everything cold.    To get it
working again, we have to reboot our CF server.  If we put a THROWTIMEOUT= "No"
it will continue to process but we need those session variables for the query
that follows.

If I am to use CFLOCK how can I do it without locking our whole system?

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

Carol

<CFLOCK NAME="#session.sessionID#" TYPE="EXCLUSIVE" TIMEOUT="30">
    <CFPARAM NAME="session.sample" DEFAULT="1">
    <CFIF form.sample gt ''>
        <cfset session.sample = val(form.sample)>
    </CFIF>

    <CFPARAM NAME="session.data_type" DEFAULT="S">
    <CFIF form.data_type gt ''>
        <cfset session.data_type = form.data_type>
    </CFIF>

    <CFPARAM NAME="session.operator" DEFAULT="<">
    <CFIF form.operator gt ''>
        <cfset session.operator = form.operator>
    </CFIF>

    <!--- adding if to set session variable  CW 10/18/00--->
    <CFPARAM NAME="session.field" DEFAULT="">
    <CFIF form.operator gt ''>
        <cfset session.field = form.field>
    </CFIF>
</CFLOCK>