Linux is a terrific platform for running enterprise and small-scale
applications, but as others have mentioned, it does have a learning
curve.  There isn't a GUI for everything and, even if there is, most
server admins I know don't even install XWindows on servers.

The first book I bought when I really started getting into Linux was
"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Linux" and it was really quite good.
As you learn to maneuver around, I suspect you'll start relying more
heavily on Google, but that book was a good one for getting in the
door.