I figured out that objImage needs to be of type java.awt.image.BufferedImage.

If you are given an image via the CF "binary" type, you need to do this:

1. Write the binary value to a temp file with <cffile>.
2. Use a java.io.File instance to read the new file.
3. Feed the instance of java.io.File to an instance of javax.imageio.ImageIO.

You then can pass the instance of javax.imageio.ImageIO as the objImage
parameter in image.cfc's methods.

Whew!

- Chris Peters
www.chrispetersweb.com

> I'm using Rick Root's Image CFC. One of the arguments for many of the
> CFC's methods is called "objImage." This is described in the docs as
> an "image object," but it doesn't show any examples of its usage, and
> it doesn't describe what data type this image object should be. Does
> anyone know?
>
> I assume it is some sort of Java type, but I'm not sure what I'd have
> to do to feed data to that type from CF, or even what that type is.
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> - Chris Peters
> www.chrispetersweb.
com