Hash will do it.  It's possible that two distinct strings will have
the same hashed value, but the odds are small enough that they can be
ignored (as evidenced by the whole world using hashes for password
checks).  It'll also save you some storage, because a hex-encoded hash
will be 32 characters, rather than however big the web page's content
actually is.

cheers,
barneyb

--