Neil,

This is basically a CF java 101 question and I am shocked shocked well not
that shocked.

Interesting coldfusion.sql.QueryColumn  has two listIterators and implements
java.util.List

public java.util.ListIterator listIterator(int)

public java.util.ListIterator listIterator()

I would try size() or length() but that goes with List object and not
ListIterator

Simply google java.util.ListIterator and look at the method list or use my
object Viewer

Interestingly google does not help with Interfaces.

The only remaining thing you can do is use the Object Viewer

http://www.cfide.org/ObjectViewer.cfm

My forName().isInterface() YES which means its a Interface and it has only 9
methods but no size() or length()
methods

Use the the new school EOF looper I think old school was to wait for a null.

<cfloop condition="object.hasNext()">
<cfset stuff = object.next()>
</cfoop>

and that should do it.