From: Richard White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: very off referencing of session variables

hi, i am trying to reference session variables in javascript and cant
work out why i am getting an error:

the code i am getting an error on is:

for(i=1; i<="<cfoutput>#structcount(session.milestone)#</cfoutput>";i++)
{
  alert("<cfoutput>#session.milestone[i].name#</cfoutput>");
}

the milestone array in the session structure contains 4 elements
starting from 1-4. If i output the structcount it does say 4

however, running this code tells me that element 5 does not exist in the
milestone array. I am not even asking the loop to go as far as 5, i am
just telling it to go from 1 to 4.

if i test it with numbers instead of i then it works fine, as follows:

alert("<cfoutput>#session.milestone[1].name#</cfoutput>");
alert("<cfoutput>#session.milestone[2].name#</cfoutput>");
alert("<cfoutput>#session.milestone[3].name#</cfoutput>");
alert("<cfoutput>#session.milestone[4].name#</cfoutput>");

this works fine. does anyone have any idea why it is coming up with the
error on element 5 when the loop only goes from 1 to 4

even if i place a loop going from 1 to 2 it still says element 5 doesnt
exist

i would appreciate any help or suggesstions

thanks