We've written some tools in CF that integrate with our Sakai deployment - see
http://www.sakaiproject.org for info. Here is some ancient documentation I put
up about some of the CF-Sakai integration options (webservices work great
because both systems are using Apache AXIS)

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVE/Coldfusion

Dave Ross
http://www.coldspringframework.org