Typically, I do not try to handle any javascript methods against cfform.  I
am a fan of flash forms so actionscript 2.0 is the script of choice for
binding and calling flash remoting objects.

If I have a javascript heavy form, I typically use a traditional html form
and use a standardized javascript library for DOM conversion.

Teddy