Hello folks,

I'm running CF MX6.1 on Win2003 and running against Oracle 9i DB on HPUX 11.11.
 Database connection is via oracle JDBC thin driver.

An Oracle developer wrote a stored procedure for us that is 17 pages long in
very small type and I am having a hard time with it. The purpose is to take
name and email values from a form and add them to the Oracle DB and create
accounts for the new subscribers in the Marketing module. The problem that is
hanging me up is the following error message:

ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected
ORA-06512: at line 1
The error occurred in E:\inetpub\wwwroot\iStore_dev\emailSignup.cfm: line 59
57 :                    type="out"
58 :                    cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
59 :                    variable="return_status">
60 : </cfstoredproc>
61 :
------------------------
SQL   {call XXSC_IBE_USER_IMPORT.REGISTER_USER_NEW( (param 1) , (param 2) ,
(param 3) , (param 4) , (param 5) , (param 6) , (param 7) )}
DATASOURCE   TEST_ON_WDBCLONE
VENDORERRORCODE   1858

The procedure executes perfectly.  I can view the data (new user) in the DB
right after it is called.  I want to get the return_status from the procedure
so that I can say "welcome to your account" but I always get the error above.
You can see from the CF call below that my data types match up.  Promo_code
(param 5) is passed from an input tag with Hidden attribute.

The package spec contains this:
   PROCEDURE register_user_new (
 p_first_name  IN VARCHAR2,
 p_last_name  IN VARCHAR2,
 p_email_address  IN VARCHAR2,
 p_promo_code  IN VARCHAR2,
 p_language_preference IN VARCHAR2,
 x_return_status  OUT VARCHAR2,
 x_error_message  OUT VARCHAR2
   );

and my call to the procedure looks like this.

        <cfstoredproc
                procedure="XXSC_IBE_USER_IMPORT.REGISTER_USER_NEW"
                datasource="TEST_ON_WDBCLONE"
                returncode="no">

<!--- param 1 --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="In"
                        maxlength="20"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        value="#FORM.first_name#">
<!--- param 2 --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="in"
                        maxlength="20"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        value="#FORM.last_name#">
<!--- param 3 --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="in"
                        maxlength="45"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        value="#FORM.email_address#">
<!--- param 4 --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="in"
                        maxlength="5"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        value="#promocode#">
<!--- param 5 --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="in"
                        maxlength="5"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        value="#FORM.language_preference#">

<!--- param 6 - capture return_status output parameter --->
                <cfprocparam
                        type="out"
                        cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
                        variable="return_status">
</cfstoredproc>

In the end the procedureis successful in adding the new user but I cannot get
the return_status value back to evaluate for Success of Failure.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jerry