Matt & Will,

My host is CrystalTech.  They had a June Special where the setup fees
were waived and I got three free months of service.  It was a deal I
simply couldn't pass up.  Formerly I was paying about $850 per month
for two big 2-processor, mongo-memory servers at Cybercon.  At CT,
four of their peener-wiener servers are $79.95 each, totalling
$319.80.  Then my CF box is a dual Xeon, SCSI-driven box with 1gb for
$259.95.  Total monthly cost is 579.75 vs. the $852 i used to be
paying.  Saving $over $270 monthly, plus I got free setup for five
servers, which was a $580 value.  Plus the two free months, which was
another $1700+.  Like I said... could not pass it up despite the
enormous amount of work involved in moving all my stuff over from A to
B.

The CF server's specs look a little anemic compared to what I used to
have, but across the board I found that I could do fine with less
hardware since I was specializing the boxes the way I am.

Also, backing up a server costs money over there, and if you have four
servers it costs much more to back them up than it does to just get
another freaking server and run Synchback from it... and back up your
goodies yourself.  My backup server is actually running an instance of
mySQL (or actually it is running mySQL only long enough for the backup
routine to pull a copy of the live files... something SqlYog
Enterprise does a great job of handling).

The O/S is Win2k3 Server (not Advanced)

I would recommend this kind of setup to everyone.  Its very affordable
and highly effective.  If you need to upgrade the db, or need more
backup space or something you just add a bigger server, or look at
what I have Box 2 doing.  I could split that into two or even three
more little servers and get a whole lot of bang for my buck, still.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Janitor, MSB Web Systems