You know in the amount if time it is taking to debug a your single sign in,
and you haven't even touched the SP side of things yet.

You would have been better of looking at ADS (Active Directory Services) or
apaches equivalant.

Or even look at a 3rd part solution where they deal in this all the time.

All your headache so far is one way. Of course I am assuming that the
asp.net application is yours to login into, if it isn;t then you better
check with the onwer of the website to make sure you are not breaking any of
their conditions to the website.