From: Carol Chandler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 11:20 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: HELP! Local variables confused between sessions

I have a simple form that allows users to upload a file (using a file type
form variable). They also must enter their school district and an email
address.All fields are required (and the action page checks- I'm not relying
on javascript alone).

I'm only using form and local variables. After successfully processing the
file, the user gets an email stating that we have successfully processed the
file for [district name]. Twice now, I have been notified that
users have gotten emails for the wrong district! How can this be? (BTW, it
can't be that the user just selected the wrong district, because it has to
match what's in the file.) I have absolutely no idea, and this scares me.
Part of this file processing involves writing it out line by line to a new
file (after all kinds of nitpicking validations), and I'm concerned that the
variables are somehow getting mixed up between sessions, and that the output
files may be worthless. (I can't easily check them at this point, either.)

Please help!

Thanks,
Carol Chandler