Jason T. Slack wrote:

> How does one Login and out? I mean how does one execute Cold Fusion
> code without a page attached?
>
> If I wanted to Login, I would check a db table for the right
> credentials and if successful redirect them to a page and if not
> successful, re-direct them to a login page.

You do it by posting the form to a .cfm file which does the work, and
then redirects to a regular page via <cflocation ...>

Don't confuse "page" with something that is displayed to the browser.
There are plenty of coldfusion files that are never seen by the browser
and display no data.

Ultimately, you put your "procedures" into a cfc, and instantiate that
cfc, putting it into a memory scope like the session or application, and
then your .cfm file merely takes the form post and passes it to the
"procedure" (we call them methods or functions), then does something
based on the result that is returned from the cfc method.

Like redirectiong to a "login success" page or home page or whatever.

Rick