> My question is this -----  how to I retain the values that
> were entered in the search form - so that a user can check
> that the records returned are correct according to the search
> criteria entered.

The easiest way to do this is to use CFFORM for your form, and set the
PRESERVEDATA attribute to "YES". For this to work, you need to use CFFORM in
the first search form and in the one you place on the results page, and all
of the fields must be named the same in both forms.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/