Got it.  For some reason, IE7 wouldn't accept my javascript function
calls directly within the script tag.    Once I placed them inside a
"window.onload = function(){}",   it seemed to like me again.

Odd that it logged me out as well....   Maybe one of the new security
features?

  I <3 Internet Explorer (not!),

-Jon