Jenny Gavin-Wear wrote:
> I need something that handles email bounces.
>
> It would need to read off a pop3 folder and update a table in ms sql.
>
> Any ideas?

What I did is set the Return-path of the message to a specific bounce
handler address.  Replies will not go here, but bounces will.  With any
Linux email server (assume there's a way to do this with Windows too)
you can "pipe" an address to a file or an executable .  The bounce
address is setup to pipe email to a perl script which looks at the
message and updates a database as necessary.  Trying to think of a way
you could connect the email address directly to ColdFusion instead of
Perl, maybe possible by using the event gateway functionality.

-Ryan