From: "Rick Root" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: 11/15/06 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: Subversion help

Doug Bezona wrote:

> I use Ant for this - basically create an Ant task to check out a copy
> from SVN into a temp directory and copy it the destination directory (or
> FTP or however you need to get the code from one place to another).  And
> actually, if you keep the temp directory around, you can synch instead
> of checkout and it will only update the temp copy with changes, which is
> much faster if you have a large codebase.

Because I'm constnatly making small changes, it's not uncommon for me to
make a change to one or two files.  An ant script seems like it would
add another layer of complexity - gotta take baby steps, subversion is
complicated enough =)

Probably I'll just end up copying files from my local machine to the
server after I check them back in.  Of course, there are a couple of
issues with that.

#1 - remembering to commit changed files
#2 - remembering to copy the changed files to the server

Rick