One word... VirtualPrivateServer!

If your going to go the shared route this is the only way to go. In this
case, looks like they didn't setup their server correctly, I though that was
the point of JRUN, that you could seperate the instanses of coldfusion which
I would expect to seperate even same named mappings.

Shared hosting with Coldfusion just doesn't work. With a VPS account you
have full access to do what you want and not effect anyone else on the
server. You even have access to Coldfusion administrator or BlueDragon
Administrator and can do what you like.

Other issues you don't have to deal with is a real common one called
cfdirectory maybe your using cfftp or cffile and they have blocked these
tags as well. Only way out is VPS or flippin the bill on your own server.

An example of VPS options out there... http://viviotech.net/hosting_vps.cfm

I just switched my private sites over there so I can't say much but at least
I have much more control over my sites with very little additional funds
needed to pay the bills!

--
Casey