Create a query directly in Access using the values for the variables (make
sure yo know exactly what they are by outputting them to the screen with
lines of debug code in your cfm).  If you get the result directly in Access
(which I doubt) then you know it is something between CF and Access,
otherwise it is your SQL.  I'd bet that it is because you are using
CreateODBCDate.  Try it without and use a CONVERT function around a string.

Andrew Ewings
Project Manager
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 419 4235
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.