From: "Patrick McElhaney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: Design question (Database etc)

> Now that I've answered your question, let me throw in an opinion. If
> you're building a generic classified system, you might be better off
> with category, description and maybe a couple fields for contact
> information. That seems to have worked for craigslist.
>
> Patrick
>

> On 11/24/06, Doug Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am in the process of re-designing a classifieds system and was just
wondering a few things. Currently there is just one standard for to fill out
for the ads. I am thinking of designing it to where it is more useful. I
would like to make the form as dynamic as possible by having different
inputs for different categories of items. The thing is, that I would imagine
I would need to have a databse table for each category. Am I correct in this
assumption? Building the forms would be the easy part, but having say 50
different tables of info for all categories would be a nightmare. Any
suggestion would be appreciated.