Something that might help and seems to be a lesser know function of CF...

cfhttp will read a delimited file that is accessible from the webroot, and
return a nice tidy query of the data. It will handle row one having header
information and will use this row to set the column names in the query if
you want.

Might save you a load of hassle. :-)