> Is there a way to force the JRUN connector to use an
> individual instance while maintaining session replication?
> That's all I really want, for the request to be served by any
> of the instances (managed by the loadbalancer currently),
> except the instances that have failed my custom health check,
> while still having session replication, so that when people
> switch instances they do not lose their session.

I don't think there is a way to do this. Why not just stop instances that
fail your custom health check? Once you do that, the connector shouldn't use
them.

> I know one way to do this would be to use the build in web
> server, but this is not recommended for production use, and
> I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to set it up (Is
> there a way to change the web root?)

Yes, the JRun web server can be configured:

http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/adv_development/config_builtin_webse
rver/

I typically use the JRun web server to connect to individual cluster members
when I need to use the CF Administrator.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/