> If you go through this whole argument about how we can't divine the actions
> of top management, why should we trust your divination?

Dave, I highly respect you, too, and I think everyone knows that.

Of course, my predictions are from someone just as removed from the Adobe
boardroom as the rest of you.  My point is that I believe that I'm looking at
this from a more realistic point of view, taking into consideration the true
nature of the decision points they, like any other business leaders, must by
federal law take into consideration.  How they consider them and what they
deduce is, of course, anyone's bet.

I will say that for a few years now I've been suspicious of the actual revenue
numbers generated by ColdFusion, how that revenue breaks down between
maintenance versus new licenses for new versions, new customer growth trend,
and how that trend's growth pattern compares to the overall growth patterns of
other platforms.  Saying that overall revenue has grown can indicate any number
of things; the devil's in the details.

My suspicions have made me think that things are not as rosy as we would like
them to be, hence the decidedly darker side of my predictions.

Again, I'm sorry if I've ruffled any feathers.

Back to work! :)

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com