> Variable-length non-Unicode data in the code page of the
> server and with a
> maximum length of 231-1 (2,147,483,647) characters. When the
> server code
> page uses double-byte characters, the storage is still
> 2,147,483,647 bytes.
> Depending on the character string, the storage size may be less than
> 2,147,483,647 bytes.

Thanks for all the answers.

BTW, is Unicode where each character is represented by a byte of data and
non-Unicode where each character is represented by two bytes? (I'm just
trying to make sense of what I read in another thread).

If so, I guess you just halve the figure given for the numbers of two-byte
characters... right?

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Netshopper UK Ltd