That is true, but I can't use contains... either that or I haven't figured
out the syntax for it.  With contains, you can only specify a string or a
variable for the keywords part.

Either way I think like will be faster, since contains means a full trip to
the FTS service, which slows down things a lot.

Is there a way to optimize SQL server to make like faster?

Russ