I'm having a hell of a time building an employee scheduling calendar. The
problem must be in my understanding of lists and arrays. I can put data into
the lists/arrays, but pulling them out and displaying it correctly - now
that's another story.

Building the calendar was easy.

- Employer has several locations, employees may work at more than one
location.

- There will usually be more than one employee per location.

- Employer is looking for a scheduling calendar that can show the month and
list the employees per location in the day slots and then get more and more
granular.

I have the granular aspects done. Example: employee A is working at store 1
for a series of days and at store 2 for another series of days.

I'm having trouble displaying the general monthly view where there are
multiple employees and multiple locations.

The calendar itself works well but I have problems culling the information
from the arrays and have gone around in circles and tied myself into knots.

DATABASE

tlbSCHEDULE

scheduleID

employeeID

storeID

scheduleMonth

scheduleDay

scheduleHour  // if 99 show the day as covered.

If the data is

scheduleID --- employeeID --- storeID --- scheduleMonth --- scheduleDay ---
scheduleHour

1------------- 1--------------1 ---------- 12-------------- 1 --------------
99

2-------------- 1----------- 1 ----------- 12-------------- 2
--------------- 99

3-------------- 2---------- 1 ------------ 12-------------- 2
--------------- 99

4--------------2------------1 ------------ 12------------ 3
------------------ 99

5--------------3---------- 1 ------------ 12--------------- 3
---------------- 99

The employeeID should be in the correct day along with the storeID. (Example

1/1: Employee 1 and Store 1 )

 (In the live product it would have the first and last name pulled from the
employee table and it would be color coded with little boxes under the name
distinguishing hours, etc. It looks great now if only I can get it to work.
:-] )

DECEMBER

-------1-----------------2----------------3----------------4---------

+ -------------- + -------------- + -------------- + -------------- +

|        1/1      |    1/1       |      2/1       |                 |

|                  |    2/1       |      3/1       |                 |

|                  |                |                  |                 |

+ -------------- + -------------- + -------------- + -------------- +

Instead I get results such all employees listed for each day one of them
works.

|        1/1      |    1/1       |      1/1       |                 |

|        2/1      |    2/1       |      2/1       |                 |

|        3/1      |     3/1      |      3/1       |                 |

Thanks, hope I made myself clear.

-- gil