From: Hays, Duncan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 9:34 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: JavaScript 'this' question

I want to be able pass a validated value back to a form without explicitly
assigning the value in JS and I can't figure it out or even whether it can
be done. Something like:

<input type="text" name="field1" value="na"
onChange="javascript:validate(this)">

Then in js have:

function validate(obj){
        if (document.formName.obj.value == "field1"){
                document.formName.ojb.value = 1;
                }
        else{
                document.formName.obj.value = 2;
                }
        }

When I do this I get errors saying that "document.formName.obj has no
properties".

Thanks
Duncan Hays
Peace Corps