From: John Dowdell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 4:01 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Flash Player 8+ requirement for an App

OÄuz Demirkapı wrote:
> If you have an application which requires Flash 8+ to run but your
> client`s clients could not update their Flash player because of lack
> of knowledge or without having required rights.
> Or if you have a Flex2 application which requires Flash Player 9+ with
> same situation.
> What would you suggest to your client?

For "How can I get Adobe Flash Player deployed to an intranet?" then there's
an intranet kit available:
http://www.adobe.com/licensing/distribution/

For "Is the general public able to upgrade their Players?" then yes, they
are, at the rate of well over five million a day, making it the most
rapidly-adopted software in history.
http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.
html

For "How can I persuade my client that it's okay to specify Adobe Flash
Player 9?" then the most effective technique seems to be to work to first
discover what their actual objections are.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd