From: Rick Root [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:45 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Java 6 JRE?

DURETTE, STEVEN J (ASI-AIT) wrote:
> Well, since someone threw it out there, Scorpio hasn't been released
> yet...  You think Adobe might test with 6 JRE and make it work with
> Scorpio?

I'd be surprised, but not stunned.  With Java 6 being brand new, it
would seem to me that Java 5 is more likely to be stable at this point,
and personally, I like stability.

> Then again I'm a little ticked at Adobe for Scorpio...  My maintenance
> agreement ends in March and Scorpio won't be released until after that
> (or so I've read on the net I could be wrong).  Now I have to come up
> with a new business case to try and get the upgrade and upper
management
> is going to want to know if a new maintenance agreement is worth it
> since we didn't get anything from the last one.

Kind of silly to be annoyed with Adobe for a release schedule.  If they
moved it up 3 months, they'd tick off the people whose subscriptions
expired in December.

We just maintain ongoing subscriptions.  In fact, we renewed our
subscription last month.  I could've waited til Scorpio came out and
then purchased an upgrade *AND* a new subscription... but at least this
way I don't have to pay the upgrade fee.

Rick