From: Steve Brownlee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 December 2006 16:32
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Coldfusion salaries - Nashville, TN

My first mother-in-law was a top-notch, nationally recognized professional
coach and she taught me a few things about interviews and jobs that have
served my very well over the years.

1.  Companies can always afford to pay you more than they offer you.
2.  Always counter-offer their proposed salary. It's expected, even if they
say no.
3.  If they give you the first opportunity to say what salary you are
expecting, they are unwittingly giving you a position of strength.  Take the
number you would expect to get for this position and add $15,000 dollars.
It's a fantastic place to start negotiations from.

Now, these are very hard steps to take.  These are skills that we are not
born with and we've been indoctrinated during our entire lives to not
negotiate when it comes to salaries as it might come across as greedy.  Your
first attempt at negoating will be very uncomfortable.
Try practicing it with a family member or a friend, just to get comfortable
with the conversation.

The company wants to offer you as little as possible for your skills, and
you should be asking for the most amount possible for your skills.
More often than not, a compromise that makes both parties happy occurs.

Good luck!

Steve Brownlee
http://www.fusioncube.net/