From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 December 2006 04:49
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Passing file from form to CFC

The upload process creates a struct called File containing a whole bunch of
information about the file you just uploaded, and what teh
upload process did with it.    file size,   renamed or not,  location,
file type stuff like that.    you can pass the whole struct in a
single swoop to the CFC if you like by:

<cfinvoke ...>
  <cfinvokeargument name="filestruct" value="#file#"> </cfinvoke>

OR alternatively you can pass the bits of the struct you need in your CFC
like this:

  <cfinvokeargument name="filename" value="#file.servername#">
  <cfinvokeargument name="filesize" value="#file.filesize#">

You can have a look at the kind of information that's in teh file struct by
doing a CFDUMP as in:

<cfdump var="#file#" label="FILE" />  after the upload and see what it
contains.  You might be surprised at how much info is in there.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from
AUD$15/month