I submitted Two Product Enhancements to Allaire:

#19879 - An Enhancement to the CFX API that would allow a CFX tag to
populate Structures.  This is very useful, and I have heard interest from
other Developers of this.  It seams to me that it was just overlooked in
Version 4 when Structures were introduced.  Many developers have been
writing CFX tags that return WDDX packets to get around this obstacle.

#19880 - XML Parsing Tags, or Functions - sure you can do this with CFX, =
but
it=92s really hard to without structure support in the CFX API.  One way =
to do
it currently is to use XSL, to convert into WDDX, then from WDDX to
structures, that's rather obtuse.  Since the CFML engine already has an X=
ML
parser that handles WDDX, I wouldn't=92t think this to be too much of a
stretch.

If anyone else is interested in these features please let Damon know, and
vote for them.  That was why he posted to the list right?