So I'm gettin' ready for Christmas breakfast with my family, when my Aunt, who
works as a section chief managing programs for the travel division at the IRS,
launches at me about how bad CF sucks. She knows how much I love CF and is
aware of the things I build with it.

I'm kinda shocked, didn't expect it. Then she says she's working with a CF
application that's throwing all these errors. She can't stand how bad it sucks.
What shocked me the most was that my aunt, who I look up to so much, can be so
ignorant of basic progamming principles. My first reaction was to just tell her
ANYthing can be written poorly by a *hitty programmer. .net, PHP, etc. She just
shook her head. I couldn't get TOO ugly because we were literally at the table
gettin' ready to eat. lol! It's like, how do you even START with someone
displaying this kinda lack of understanding???

I gave her a break for a while and decided to take a different approach. I sat
down with her. She started saying CF sucks. It just sucks! I can't believe you
like it.  with a calm voice I said, Aunt Laura, does Java suck? She said no! I
said well, CF is  Java! It compiles to Java! If you have a crappy programmer
writing the app, you're gonna have lotsa bugs. I was gonna get into the fact
that she shouldnt even be SEEING errors. I mean, she's seeing the standard CF
errors.

That's where it ended. Dunno if I got it thru her thick head - I doubt it. But
at least she knows what's running behind CF anyway.

Hope no one else had such a pleasurable Christmas breakfast!  :)

Will